Jim’s Firearms Inc. has been building, customizing, and repairing firearms since 1990. The gunsmithing department has over 65 years of combined experience. We are proud to offer one of the fastest turnaround times in the industry. From the simplest repair to the most intricate custom job, we pay attention to the details. Let us customize a gun to fit you!
Services we offer include, but are not limited to:
- Barrel threading and muzzle break installation
- Cleaning and general maintenance
- Recoil pads installed and fitted to the length
- Choke tube installed, forcing cones lengthened
- Bluing (matte, polished)
- Rust Bluing
- Stock finishing from spray on to hand-rubbed oil finish
- Rifle and pistol rebarreling using McGowan and Shilen barrels
- Cowboy action jobs on rifles, shotguns, and revolvers
- Customizing 1911 pistols
- Complete restoration work for fire or water damaged guns or refurbishing an old family heirloom
- Scopes mounted and bore-sighted while you wait
- Sling swivels installed
- Revolver timing and tuning
We DO NOT work on the following firearms. However, in some rare cases, we will. If you wish to know if your firearm can be worked on in our shop please call (225)293-5467 and ask to speak with Davin or send an email through the Gunsmith portal on our site.
- American Arms – Britney
- Remington 742/7400
- RG / Rohm
- Sig Sauer Mosquito
- SOME obsolete models from major manufacturers
Due to Remington and Marlin being out of business at the moment, parts are becoming increasingly difficult to find. If you have any questions regarding any of these items, it is recommended that you call or message us before bringing in the gun for repairs.